Friends of the KU Field Station
The Friends of the KU Field Station is an annual giving program developed to support environmental education and conservation at the Field Station and to raise its visability as a public resource. The mission of the Friends of the KU Field Station is to:
- provide public opportunities for outdoor environmental education through nature walks, workshops and conservation programs;
- raise awareness of the Field Station as a place where people can explore a natural setting where research is emphasized;
- and build a broad base of financial support from individuals and organizations.
The Friends group was formally initiated by the Kansas Biological Survey in 2012. Gifts are made through KU Endowment. All contributions of any size are gratefully received and tax-deductible.
What your gifts support
- Maintenance and development of the Field Station’s public trail system.
- Field trips for Kansas and area school children, seniors and other area groups.
- Special training for K-12 public school teachers.
- Workshops open to the public.
- Conservation, preservation and restoration of the Field Station’s diverse natural areas.
- Other Field Station outreach efforts, including the development of informational materials.